The Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration Projects (AERP) is a new, competitive grant program that will provide funding for the study, design, and construction of aquatic ecosystem restoration and protection projects in … Read more
The Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) helps farmers and ranchers repair damage to farmlands caused by natural disasters and help implement methods for water conservation during severe drought. The ECP does this by giving ranchers and farmers funding and assistance to repair the damaged farmland or to install methods for water conservation.
Eligibility is determined through a review by the Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Committee. Funds are available if the damage caused would:
- Further damage the land
- Significantly affect the land’s productivity
- Represent damage from a natural disaster unusual for the area (with an exception for wind erosion)
- Be too costly to repair without Federal Assistance in order to return the land to agricultural production
Individuals are eligible recipients.
Approx Annual Funding Amount
The annual funding amount varies annually.
Cost Share Requirements
Up to 75% of implementation cost can be paid by the Federal government, as determined by the FSA, with the other 25% to be provided by the individual.
Funding is available when disaster has occurred.
Contact your local FSA agent to apply by finding your county’s information here.