The Environmental Water Resources Projects is a competitive grant program that received new funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to design, implement, and monitor conservation outcomes of habitat restoration projects … Read more
The Community Forest and Open Space Conservation Program (Community Forest Program) of the Forest Service offers a unique opportunity for communities to acquire and conserve forests.
Funding can be used to acquire and conserve forests to provide public access and recreational opportunities, protect vital water supplies and wildlife habitat, serve as demonstration sites for private forest landowners, and provide economic benefits from timber and non-timber products.
Local governments, tribal governments, non-profits, and U.S. territories are eligible recipients.
Approx Annual Funding Amount
The annual funding amount varies depending on Federal Offshore drilling fees, but typically ranges from $2 to $4 million.
Cost Share Requirements
The program requires a 1:1 non-federal cost-share match. In-kind contributions are accepted.
Deadlines are typically early January, check here for updates on the next fiscal year’s deadline.
- National: Scott Stewart, Forest Legacy Program Manager, (202) 205-1618, [email protected]
- ID, MT, ND, NV, UT: Janet Valle, 801-710-3795, [email protected]
- CO, KS, NE, SD, WY: Claire Harper, 303-895-6157, [email protected]
- AZ, NM: Laura Moser, 928-607-6040, [email protected]
- CA: Dana Walsh, 530-450-5555, [email protected]
- Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia and other Pacific Islands: Katie Friday, 808-785-5197, [email protected]
- AK, OR, WA: Candice Polisky, 971-710-2346, [email protected]
- Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee: Susan Granbery, USDA Forest Service, 770-883-8925, [email protected]
- PR, VI: Magaly Figueroa, 787-309-9565, [email protected]
- Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin: Neal Bungard, (603) 868-7719, [email protected]
- CT, DC, DE, IA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WI, WV: Neal Bungard, 603-833-3287, [email protected]